Terms of Service
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the Service. The Terms are a contract between You and Hakatemia (Hakatemia Oy). Access to and use of the Service requires that You accept these Terms of Service and comply with them.
This is a translation. In case of a conflict, the Finnish version will take precedence.
The following capitalized terms have the meanings defined in these Terms and Conditions and other agreements to which the Service Terms apply, unless the context otherwise requires:
- "Payments" refers to the fees you pay to Hakatemialle for use of the Service.
- "Terms and Conditions" (also referred to as "Conditions" or "Terms") refer to these terms and conditions that constitute an agreement between you and Hakatemian regarding the use of the service.
- "Lab environment" means the information technology environment of Hakatemian lab exercises and practice environments, including the lab environment's computer network and computers located in it.
- "Device" means any device that has access to the Service, such as a computer, mobile phone, or digital tablet.
- "Party" means You or Hakatemiatä between whom the agreement is made.
- "Parties" means both Parties together.
- "Feedback" means feedback, innovations, or suggestions that you have submitted, for example, regarding our service's features, performance, or characteristics.
- "Service" refers to the Hakatemia website and its content.
- "You" means the individual using the Service or using the Service on behalf of, or through Hackademy or another legal entity on behalf of whom such individual is using the Service, as applicable.
- "Content" refers to content such as text, images, videos, tools, tasks, or other information that you can submit, upload, link or otherwise make available, regardless of the form of the content.
- "Account" means an individual account that has been created for you to access our Service or its parts.
- "Website" refers to the page of Hakatemia application, which can be accessed at the address https://www.hakatemia.fi.
- "Hakatemia" (referred to in this Agreement as "Hakatemia", "We", "Us", or "Our") refers to Hakatemia (Hakatemia Ltd, business ID 3334684-1).
Acceptance of Terms
You are responsible for the protection of the email address used to access the Service and for all activities that occur on your account.
You may not use another person or entity's name or a name that is not legally available for use as your username, a name or trademark that is subject to someone else's rights without proper permission, or a name that is otherwise offensive, indecent, or obscene.
Service or certain parts of the Service are only available with a paid Subscription. You will be billed in advance on a recurring basis (such as daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly) depending on the type of subscription plan you choose when making the purchase. At the end of each period, your Subscription will automatically renew under the exact same terms unless you cancel it or Hakatemia cancels it.
You can cancel the renewal of your subscription either through the settings page of your account or by contacting the company. You will not receive a refund for the expenses that you have already paid for your current subscription period, and you can use the Service until the end of your current subscription period.
The Hackademy may, at its own discretion and at any time, change the prices of the subscription. All changes in subscription fees will take effect at the end of the respective subscription period. The Hackademy will notify you in a reasonable time in advance of any changes in subscription fees to give you the opportunity to cancel your subscription before the changes take effect. Continuing to use the service after the new prices come into effect constitutes your consent to pay the modified subscription fee.
Membership fees paid are non-refundable, unless required by law. Hakatemia may consider certain requests for the retrieval of records on a case-by-case basis and grant them at Hakatemia's discretion.
Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge and agree that Hakatemia and/or its licensors own all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services and Documentation. You are granted no rights to patents, copyrights, databases, trade secrets, trade names, trademarks (registered or unregistered), or any other similar rights related to the Services or Documentation.
Links to other websites
Our service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Hakatemian.
Hakatemia does not control the content, privacy practices, or policies of any third-party websites or services and does not assume responsibility for them. You also understand and agree that Hakatemia is not directly or indirectly liable for any damages or losses arising from or alleged to have arisen from or related to the use or reliance on such content, goods, or services.
We recommend that you read the terms and privacy policies of all third-party websites or services you visit.
After termination, your right to use the Service ceases immediately.
Using the lab environment
The lab environment is intended solely and exclusively for solving the respective exercise or challenge. You are prohibited from doing anything in the lab environment that is not appropriate for the specific exercise or challenge.
Specifically, the use of lab environment computers is prohibited for the following purposes:
- Testing or damaging the cybersecurity of targets outside the lab environment. This also applies to situations where you have a legal right to test the cybersecurity of said target. No cybersecurity testing should ever be performed on targets outside the lab environment.
- Security testing or damaging of resources intended for other users in the laboratory environment.
- Testing or damaging the security of the laboratory environment infrastructure.
- Cryptocurrency mining.
You are not allowed to use any Hakatemian content, including tools, for any illegal purposes, especially for testing the security of information systems for which you do not have legal permission.
In addition to the prohibitions mentioned in the Conditions of Others, you are prohibited from using the site or its content, including the tools provided by the site and the skills you have learned from the site: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) requesting others to perform unlawful acts or participate in them; (c) violating rules, laws or local regulations.
Limitation of Liability
The service is provided as is and as available. Hakatemia denies the existence of any direct or indirect warranty, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Hakatemia does not guarantee that the Services are uninterrupted or error-free; or that the Service, and/or the information obtained from the Service, are suitable for your needs, requirements, or intended purposes; and is not liable for delays, delivery problems, or other damages resulting from the transmission of data between networks and structures, including the internet. You acknowledge that the Service may be subject to limitations, delays, or other problems arising from such communication structures.
Hakatemia is not responsible for indirect, special, consequential, punitive or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of goodwill, work interruption, computer malfunction or disruption, lost or corrupted data, or damages relating to loss of business profit or loss of business. Hakatemia's total liability cannot exceed the amount of Payments you have made to Hakatemia during the six (6) months immediately preceding the occurrence of the damage event. The limitation of liability does not apply to damages caused by gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
These Terms are governed by Finnish law.
All disputes regarding the Terms and Conditions and the use of the Service shall primarily be resolved through negotiation. If an agreement cannot be reached through negotiation, the matter may be brought before the Helsinki District Court for resolution.
Changes to these Terms of Service
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or replace these terms at any time. If the change is significant, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice at least 30 days prior to the new terms taking effect. What constitutes a significant change will be determined at our discretion.
By continuing to use our Service after these updates take effect, you agree to comply with the revised terms. If you do not accept the new terms in whole or in part, you will not be able to continue using the Service.